April 17, 2012

9 Months.

9 Months...while this duration of time is usually associated with having an infant, for me it is the amount of time that I have been married to my favorite person.  9 months ago today I had a wedding, wore a lovely dress (which I wish I could put on right now), and married my best friend.  While we don't necessarily celebrate our monthly anniversary, we do recognize and have a moment together to remember the day that we committed the rest of our lives to one another.  

So here are my 9 discoveries I have made about my husband and about marriage within the first 9 months of our marriage.

1. I love living with a boy, especially one who loves me lots.
2. Two people generate a lot of dirty laundry and a lot of dirty dishes (definitely my two least favorite household chores to do).
3. Eric is a patient and loving man.  These are things I knew and loved about him, but did not understand the full value of until I had him comforting me during my occasional emotionalness.
4. When you are married you can convince your husband to do most anything...even seeing Twilight and Hunger Games in theaters.  True love!
5. Life is good when you communicate. It's cliche, but communication is a key to a successful marriage.  Eric and I have such different communication styles which is why it all works!
6. I must really love my husband, I never get sick of him!
7. Life is much easier when you are tackling it with your other half.  It is nice to have someone there when times are hard and you just need to cry.
8. I am a bed hog. I am a cover hog. I am a cuddler.  And my husband puts up with it all. He must love me.
9.  God is good. I'm thankful for my husband and for our life together.    



Happy 9 months!

1 comment: