November 29, 2011

Black Friday part 2.

A pair of jeans later, we were finally home.  Our bed never looked so good.  The next morning we would be leaving for our good friends house to celebrate the holiday.  

As 4 o'clock a.m. rolled around I woke up with a terrible pain in my right side.  In some ways, I was expecting this, I have had some sort of illness occur the past 3 weekends and OF COURSE this would be no different!  My dear dear husband ran to the bathroom to see what was wrong, I truly believe he deserves the husband of the year award for all he has had to deal with in this past month.  An hour of crying and rolling on the floor later we came to the conclusion that I possibly had my 2nd kidney stone. Great. After an unbearable 5 minute car ride to the emergency room I was given some powerful pain relievers and was given a CAT scan. What a way to end our black Friday!


Through it all, God was faithful.  I got the care and medicine I needed and I was able to sleep away the rest of the day.  Despite the challenges that we have faced being away from familiarity, in a new city, without our families, we have had all that we have needed.



We can be thankful despite the struggles.  Life and marriage have proven to be a challenge, but God has proven that he will be faithful through it all.  So for that, we give thanks this thanksgiving.  

No comments: