September 25, 2011

Our First Date Night.

Since this blog is a bit overdue, I will need to do some catch up.  Eric and I have been married for 2 months, and have done about 100 things in that time.  

1. Gone to Bahamas
2. Moved to Blacksburg, Virginia
3. Moved in to our first apartment
4. Visited 5 churches
5. Started a new teaching job
6. Started graduate school (Eric, not me)

With all the changes in our life, I have much to share.  Since arriving in Blacksburg we have now had sufficient time to explore the local scene.  And oh, what a hip scene it is.  We live right on the outskirts of Virginia Tech's campus and downtown Blacksburg.  There is not much to this little downtown, but like many small towns, it has character.  

As we walked down the streets a few nights after arriving, I pointed out about 8 restaurants I wanted to try...needless to say a date night or two would be in order.

Date Night #1
dinner: DP Dough
dessert: Rita's
entertainment: amateur yo yoist




BBQ Chicken Calzone



A little bit creepy of us, but so worth it.


Oh happy day.



No comments: